The exterior of your home is the first thing you see when you come home every day. It’s the first thing your guests see when they come to visit. It’s also the first thing that prospective buyers see if you’re trying to sell.
If your siding is damaged or in disrepair, it can really reduce the look and value of your home. You want to make a good impression, so choose siding that’s going to last and retain its value for years to come.
We know that vinyl is a popular siding choice, but there’s a reason we at abc Seamless Siding opt for seamless steel siding.
Let’s explore the pros and cons of both vinyl and seamless steel siding!
Vinyl siding is a popular choice for many homes. It’s a good option for homeowners looking for a quick fix, especially when putting a home on the market.
- Vinyl is a lightweight material which makes it easy to install.
- Low maintenance. After it is installed, vinyl generally requires very little maintenance or attention.
- Lower cost material. Vinyl is an affordable siding option, which is why it is so common.
- Environmental impact. Vinyl is made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which is a plastic material and won’t break down.
- It’s difficult to install vinyl siding without the seams showing, which can detract from the appearance of your home.
- Durability. Heat, cold, hail, and other weather hazards can wreak havoc on vinyl siding, and damaged siding should be replaced.
Seamless Steel Siding
Seamless steel siding is an excellent long-term solution for homeowners looking for a reliable, beautiful, and durable option.
- Seamless steel siding is one of the most durable materials on the market, and will last for many years. It is also fire-resistant, able to withstand extreme temperatures, and durable against ice and hail.
- Low maintenance. Resistant to warping, fading, cracking, peeling, and chipping, seamless steel siding requires little to no maintenance and rarely needs replacing.
- Energy efficient. Seamless steel siding provides excellent insulation for homes, which helps to reduce air infiltration so homes can stay at a comfortable temperature year round.
- Difficult to install. Installation isn’t a DIY project, but fortunately the pros at abc Seamless in Twin Falls can install it for you no problem!
- Seamless steel siding is a quality material, and as a result is more expensive than its vinyl counterpart. Contact us for a quote at 208-733-9683.
At abc Seamless, we’re happy to offer quality siding, roofing, gutter, window, and door products and services. Get in touch about your next project!